Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Dog feeding station

Oreoprojects
Having an Impact

Dog feeding station

Designed and manufactured this feeding station for my dog. It is just the right height for him. Has his food bowl and water bowl. No more spilling his water bowl. He now knows where to come for dinner and his morning feed. He loves it and has added so much more discipline to his feeding habits. Back of the box has storage space for his bags of dry kibbles and other treats.

Materials

Used decking timber. 

Tools

Bosch Blue drill and driver.

Steps

Step 1

Measure the height of your dog from toes to below the nose.

Step 2

Measure and cut timber to suit your space.

Step 3

Make a frame to cover the top and the front of the box.

Step 4

Use screws to put box together - do not use nails.

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Dog feeding station

Good morning @Oreoprojects @what a great feeding station for your dog. I’m not familiar with different timber. Is it possible you could tell us more about what timber you used and is it waterproof ? I think it is great 😊 

Edit : I did see you used decking timber, I am not sure what timber that is ? 🙂

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Congratulations on this terrific project, @Oreoprojects. Your dog feeding station is a great way to keep feeding times mess-free. Step 1 made me laugh - how did you manage to keep Oreo still while measuring him? Definitely an important step though.

My favourite bit is how you've added storage space for his nibbles at the back of the station, making it even more functional. Are you able to share some photos of the back of the station too please? 

Congratulations once again on this project. Keep these creative ideas coming!

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi. Mich 1972

I used pine decking timber 90x19 available from Bunnings Botany in NZ(great store with fantastic staff). I faced the grip tread side on the outside of the box to give it a nice pattern. The decking timber is 100% waterproof as it is designed for you outdoor decks. Any food splashes can easily we wiped off to keep the feeding station clean. Any water splashes dries easily as well. Glad you like it - my boy does heaps.

Thanks Akansha.

He is a big boy and i was amazed that he simply stood still for the measurements. I gave him the feeding station as a Xams gift. He ripped the wrappings and ribbons to bits and then looked at it like - what is this now?Back of feeding station.jpgTop of feeding station.jpg When we placed the feeding bowl on it and put some treats in it he looked at me like - ok i got it now!!!. I have posted a picture of the back of the box. The cavity i left stores all the bags of dog food until we need it. 

Thank you so much for replying @Oreoprojects  I have no idea about timber and I like to learn more 😄 can’t wait to see what you create next !!!!!!

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Haha, I can imagine Oreo's excitement when he figured out what it was, @Oreoprojects. So glad to hear he loves his feeding station. 

Thank you for sharing those photos of the back of the station. It's a very practical design and great way to maximise storage space.

Just like @mich1972, I'm also looking forward to seeing what you create next. Keep those creative ideas coming!

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tyro
Becoming a Leader

Hi @Oreoprojects 

I always love it when I hear of, or see, the many  different ways people spoil their animals!  Thanks for sharing the pics too!  From your profile photo it looks like he's a lab?  If so, he'll probably figure out a way to get into that storage area! 🤣   Either him or the stinking possums!  Just an idea for you though ... you might want to put a hinged drop down door on the back - just in case!   

It's a great wee station -  congratulations on a beautiful piece of work 👏👍

Tyro 🤗

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects