Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Dulux Renovation Range kitchen paint before and after

stelz
Making a Splash

Dulux Renovation Range kitchen paint before and after

After.jpg

Hey all,

Just wanted to show you the progress of my kitchen revamp.
We used the Dulux Renovation Range.
Two-tone kitchen colour. 3 for the painting.

We install the following.
Rangehood
Rangetop
Bench top
New sink
New dishwasher

We attempted to paint the floor tiles, but the result was not what we want, and durable not all that great.
We are thinking about either Vinyl or linoleum flooring. Preferably stick-on options for the Vinyl. Has anyone used Stick-on Vinyl before? Any suggestion?

Before .jpgafter 3.jpg

Maryannz
Finding My Feet

Re: Dulux Renovation Range kitchen paint before and after

Yes I  used the stick on lino squares in my bathroom about 10yrs ago and now a couple of them are starting to lift a bit but considering they're a really cheap option,  10yrs, they've done really well in a high traffic and often damp environment. I stuck them straight over the original tiles.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion and sharing your experience @Maryannz. We're pleased to have you join the Bunnings Workshop community and look forward to reading more about your projects and plans. 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, or ever have any feedback about how we can ensure Workshop is even more useful to you. 

Welcome,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @stelz

Can I ask if you have considered hybrid vinyl planks or floating laminate flooring as they imitate real timber much closer than traditional linoleum? They don't need to be stuck down and are easy to install. If you did want a stick-on option, in thinner material, I can suggest Senso Self Adhesive Vinyl Planks.    

You should find this step-by-step tutorial helpful: How to lay vinyl plank flooring 

You might also find these previous discussions or interest: 

Please let me know if you need further information or had questions.

Mitchell

Caron
Making a Splash

@stelz 

Cupboards look great, well done on the update.

How have you found the paint on the benchtops? Has it been reasonably durable?

stelz
Making a Splash

Hi @Caron,

Thank you.

we didn't paint the benchtop with the Dulux range, as we had to replace the benchtop due to damage and change of sink.  But I did paint the top of benchtop were knife block is  and it holding up well.

But the rest of the cupboard/cabinet are holding very with the paint. It very easy to clean  stain/dirt off, so far no problem.  Very happy with the results.

I use the recommended primer and  did 2/3 coat because I had paint left over, couldn't help myself. But 2 coat should definitely be durability. I use Satin.

Unfortunately, the only disappointment from the Dulux renovation range is the tile paint.. it's was not durable at all, despite following all the direction and 3 coat later, the paint didn't hold up, and because the kitchen is high traffic area the paint job didn't last. We ended up purchasing stick on tiles for the floor.

Hope that helps. Here's an updated photo

IMG-20201124-WA0005.jpg

@stelz 

Can i ask what the gray is called used in the lower cupboards. They look amazing. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @dwilson

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us. Let me tag @stelz so that they are made aware of your question. Are you planning your own kitchen cabinet makeover? I'm sure our members would be keen to see your project. Any updates you can provide would be much appreciated.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

Ive just bought a house that has a 70’s style kitchen. So planning on doing the kitchen DIY in the next few months once settled. Im not planning on replacing, just updating. Will definately include pics as i progress. 

Hi @dwilson,

I used Dulux endless dusk for the lower cabinets.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects