Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Epoxy Countertop

Mathy
Becoming a Leader

Epoxy Countertop

Hi Workshoppers!

I’m doing a laundry reno, and I’m going to pour an epoxy countertop for this, so I can practice for my kitchen. If anyone has experience doing this sort of thing, or epoxy pours in general, it would be great to hear from you, it will help me and others :smile:

I’m using StoneCoat Countertop epoxy, they have a YouTube channel if anyone wants more information about this product.

A few days ago I had my first experimental, sacrificial pour - which was an epic fail, due to a) too cold and b) I experimented with some paint tint as well as the additives I bought. Paint tint will probably work, but volume needs to be sorted out ? 

Today I did an experimental board - routered edges, painted with 2 coats of paint and prime. Heated up the epoxy so it flowed better. I’m actually pretty happy with the results, but have learned a few more things about this process. This has been done with - white base tint, real teal metallic, blue earth metallic, gold dust alcohol spray, Rustoleum Lagoon spray paint. I’m feeling the hardest part is working out quantities of additive to add to epoxy. But as someone who’s not an artist, I’m pleased with this - meaning I like it and could live with it.

Also, the camera doesn’t do it justice, cheers Deb :smile:

35A6B864-FAEE-4DB0-92A5-76855F60A81B.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Epoxy Countertop

@Glamourresin - could you provide any assistance to @Mathy?

Hope all is well.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Former Workshop member
Not applicable

Re: Epoxy Countertop

I have only done small epoxy projects, so no help I'm afraid, but I'd certainly hang that 'sacrificial' pour as art. Or have the most glamorous craft table of all time...

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects