Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Help me choose right screw for ceiling

PraveenS1
Growing in Experience

Help me choose right screw for ceiling

G'day all,

I want to fix a light weight ceiling light on to the ceiling (plaster board). Some reason I removed and saw holes everywhere, and the screw used doesn't look professional at all, One of the gyprock screw I couldn't loose it neither tighten it, temporarily fixed now.

20220527_185640.jpg

I want to fix it back with proper screws even though its very light LED ceiling light. Any suggestions are welcome. And thanks for your time in advance.

Have a good week end.

Regards

Praveen

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Help me choose right screw for ceiling

Hello @PraveenS1

You have a few choices regarding the fixings required to screw your light to the ceiling. But before I make my recommendations can you please have a look and observe if there are any type of wall/ceiling fixings already in place? The most common one is called Ramset Nylon WallMate Plasterboard Anchor - 10 Pack. You'll see its distinctive flat plastic head, this is an indicator that all you need to do is to add a screw to fix the ceiling light into place.

The other two fixings are called Ramset 16mm Hollow Wall Anchor - 4 Pack and Ramset 8 x 50mm Universal Anchor - 4 Pack. Any of those three items I mentioned can anchor your light to the ceiling. Among the three the easiest to use is the Universal Anchor as it comes with its own screws and is ready to go once you have it in the ceiling panel.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects