Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Help with Practa 2 door cabinet

farrspray1
Getting Established

Help with Practa 2 door cabinet

Can someone please advise whether the Practa 2 door cabinet has a space allowance down the bottom at the back for the cabinet to sit flush against the wall even if against an existing skirting board? I hope this makes sense? I dont want to have to remove skirting boards for this cupboard to be flush against the wall.

thanks in advance!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Help with Practa 2 door cabinet

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @farrspray1. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

From the picture supplied on our website and the short video, it appears the cabinet does not include a rebate at the bottom to conform around an existing skirting board. Let me mention @prettyliving, who used these cabinets recently in her $500 Bunnings laundry reno. From her pictures, I think she might be able to see the back of one of her cabinets and possibly offer us an answer.

I would think where the skirting board comes in contact with the back of the cabinet you should be able to use a jigsaw to make your own rebates for it in the side panels. Let me also mention @redracer01 to see if he could add to the discussion on what you would do when there are skirting boards.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

F4815C2B-F0C2-425D-83DC-7DBA0417A578.jpeg

Hi @farrspray1 I just had a look at ours, the sides of the cabinet don’t have that space allowance, but the back does, approx 7-8cm. Depending on how high your skirting boards are you may be able to just cut a little of the sides so that they can wrap around the skirting boards. I’ve attached a pic I just took, sorry it’s not super clear as it was a bit awkward to get to, but the view is from the side. As you can tell ours sit a bit off the wall as we have a benchtop on top so you can’t see the gap. 

Thank you so much for your answers -

it has helped me a lot

I appreciate your assistance @prettyliving! Thank you very much.

@farrspray1,

I was just waiting for a team member instore to check for me and they've also qualified that there is no rebate. They do agree with @prettyliving that you should be able to remove a small section to accommodate the skirting.

Please let us know if you need any additional assistance or had questions.

Mitchell

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Screenshot_2020-08-09 Trojan 125mm Coping Saw.pngHello @farrspray1 

Using a ruler you can measure the height and depth of your skirting board. Once you have this information you can then mark it at the bottom back of the panel of the cabinet using the ruler and a pencil. Double check your measurements to make sure that the height and depth are correct as we only want to do this cut once. Once you've marked it out, I suggest getting a piece of timber to practice on before committing to the actual cut. Coping saws have very fine teeth to cut wood and is prone to twisting and turning while being used. Keep your arm and wrist straight and using a slow steady pace cut a straight line on your practice piece. Once you are confident that you can cut a straight line its time for the real thing. After cutting the piece out you may use sand paper to smooth out the edges to give it a nice professional finish. Don't over sand it or you may start to curb the timber. Test for fit and sand to adjust. Good luck and stay safe.

Cheers,

Red

Measure twice, cut once.Measure twice, cut once.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Thanks so much for the assistance and answers! It has helped me very much!

Thanks so much - this is very helpful!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects