Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How I transformed kitchen stools

jennifersnape
Growing in Experience

How I transformed kitchen stools

7C233878-CC96-4A4F-9B2A-BC93C48CBE18.jpeg

2CA9F489-8844-4670-892A-8B480C99CA2B.jpeg

AED2A896-FAC8-4F71-A44E-5527B567681D.jpeg

D1F5EA54-9D16-40FB-ACFA-8F49DB2B91CA.jpeg

1B0E7ABC-5B6D-4B10-B7C8-8A6F1EF67577.jpeg

These stools were a labour of love starting with sawing down the top rail to make more modern, using the detail sander to strip back the old varnish, using Scandinavian oil to bring the timber back to life, using black utility cord I wove  the backs and finally reupholstered the seats. The process took about 2 weeks whenever my husband and I had a spare moment. 

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Re: How I tranformed kitchen stools

Hey @jennifersnape,

Thank you very much for sharing and welcome to Workshop.

These bar stools look fantastic and what a way to recycle them. You have certainly taken them from an out dated look to a very In trend look.

Well done and I'm sure you will inspire others.

Carl

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @jennifersnape 

All I can say is ingenius and inspiring, well done.

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How I transformed kitchen stools

Hi @jennifersnape,

Let me also extend a welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is awesome to have you join and share your kitchen stool upcycle with us. You'll find Workshop to be a great source of inspiration and advice for all things DIY and garden. Some of our members' projects make it into our Top Ideas D.I.Y. Projects page, you might find yours there one day! 

This is a really lovely project, I would love to know how you started and finished the cord? 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
jennifersnape
Growing in Experience

Re: How I transformed kitchen stools

Hi Katie!

I just dabbed a little bit of super glue to hold it in place at the top corner, then weaved up and down on the rails (2 loops for spacing) and then a dab of glue at the end to keep the string in place. I tried to weave it as tight as possible and I haven’t had an issues with moment. 

Thank you so much :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects