Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I change mixer tap flexi hose that is rusting?

JoJo133
Finding My Feet

How do I change mixer tap flexi hose that is rusting?

How do I change the hot and cold flexi hose leading to my kitchen mixer tap as it is rusting?  The flexi hose in Bunnings have two female ends which is different to what leads into the mixer tap.  Am I able to buy these special hoses or do I need to replace the whole mixer tap?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I change the water flexi hose to kitchen mixer tap that is rusting

Hello @JoJo133 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about changing your flexi hose under your kitchen tap.

There are three common types of flexi hose:

I suggest turning your mains water off and bringing one of the hoses to the store to make sure you are getting the one with the right length and the right ends. I recommend using Kinetic 12mm x 10m White Standard Thread Seal on any exposed male thread fittings, except for the flexi hose with the small end that goes into the tapware (top one pictured below).

Please note that it might be necessary to engage a registered plumber to complete this work. If in doubt please consult your local building authority before starting. 

I've placed some images below to give you an idea of what they look like.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you for adding the pictures, that is very helpful. It is the stainless steel mixer hose that I need (top picture).

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @JoJo133 

Please remember to bring your old hose to the store so that you can compare it to the length and size of the new one.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects