Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I remove glued in kickplates?

Kimbon
Just Starting Out

How do I remove glued in kickplates?

I need to remove kitchen kickplates in order to have dishwasher repaired. BUT the kickplates are GLUED not nailed in. Please, What can I do? Thank you.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I remove glued in kickplates?

Hello @Kimbon

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about removing your kickplates.

If your kickplates are glued in I suggest using either a  Craftright 380mm Wrecking Bar or a chisel to lift the corner of the kickplate up. Once you get one end up you'll be able to continue lifting the rest of the kickplate up and out. Please note that this process will destroy the current kickplate and you'll need to replace it with a new one.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kimbon
Just Starting Out

Thank you, Eric.  I had a feeling it would come to that.  I'm not sure how that could be done without damaging the dishwasher.  If I visit my local Bunnings with photos would someone be able to advise me further? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Kimbon

The only other way I can think of to get your dishwasher out is to use a multi-tool and cut the kickplate exactly where the dishwasher is. I propose cutting it as straight as possible so that you can re-use the kickplate when you push the dishwasher back in. Bringing a photo to your store's kitchen expert is perfectly fine as they might think of other ideas to get your dishwasher out.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your dishwasher repaired.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects