Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I remove this tap head? The tap head is spinning, so suspect a washer needs replacing

rbrow
Just Starting Out

How do I remove this tap head? The tap head is spinning, so suspect a washer needs replacing

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I remove this tap head? The tap head is spinning, so suspect a washer needs replacing

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @rbrow. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing a tap handle.

The first thing to check is whether there is a cap on top that unscrews. Typically it will be the thin section with the H on it above the handle's cross bars. This will be a cap that unscrews anti-clockwise and might require the use of multigrip pliers. Use a rag over the tap head to prevent the tool from scratching the finish.

Another option could be a concealed nut under the tap head and usually, that would require a tap key to undo. You'll find the tap key in this Kinetic Spout And Handle Repair Kit. Have a look up under the tap head to see if there are a couple of slots in a nut.

Try these two solutions and then if you don't have any luck let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects