Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How long to wait after applying Dulux Renovation range?

ritcho
Getting Established

How long to wait after applying Dulux Renovation range?

Hi, 

I did 4 coats of “Dulux renovation range tiles and bench top paint” . At least 8 hours of wait between each coat. 

It looks fantastic, but I am still not sure whether my kitchen can be back to full use. Heard that needs at least 7 days. Afraid chips or cracks when placing plates , cups etc on bench top . 

it is fry of coz, but not sure if longer wait better for the paint to further settle and harder.  

thanks 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how long to wait until full kitchen uses after applying Dulux renovation range benchtop paints?

Hello @ritcho

Thank you very much for sharing your question about how long should you wait before using your benchtop after painting it.

In order to avoid any chips or damages to the new coating, I suggest waiting out the full seven days, in fact, I would suggest waiting longer if you've had several rainy days. The Dulux Renovation Range might be dry at the top but under that dry coat, it is still soft. What you're after is seven days of full sun, this will dry out the product and give you maximum hardness and adhesion.

I know you're keen to use your benchtop, but a few more days of waiting will reward you with a good strong finish. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of your repainted kitchen benchtop? I'm sure our members would be keen to see what it looks like after the makeover.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ritcho
Getting Established

Re: how long to wait until full kitchen uses after applying Dulux renovation range benchtop paints?

Thanks Eric. 

the weather is not completely warm yet. Will wait for at least 7 days then.

The kitchen is much brighter with white benchtop. Hopefully it will turn out to be good strong finish. 

EFA004EA-46DF-4BE4-99CE-550A25D02F51.jpeg

0F7F5226-2D34-4627-AB9D-A70214A82D40.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That looks amazing @ritcho! Great work.

If you are looking for a hard-wearing surface, remember we have the Dulux 1L Renovation Range Clear Coat Gloss. It adds a final layer of protection, providing a durable, washable, chip and stain-resistant finish to your benchtop paint. It also protects from everyday scuffs and markings, so your surface looks great for longer.

Mitchell

Hi Mitchell,

Apologies for hijacking this post but I am just about to paint my kitchen and have a question. Do you need to wait the 7 days before applying the Clear Coat, and then wait a further 7 days before full usage?

Cheers

Sally

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @sfairley

It's perfectly alright to ask questions about the Dulux Renovation Range. I suggest waiting the full 7 days to achieve maximum hardness and adhesion. I don't recommend painting it earlier with the clear coat because once you seal the main coat it will trap whatever moisture is left underneath. I also suggest waiting for the full 7-day drying time of the clear coat so that it cures to its maximum strength.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects