Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How should I plumb hot/cold on kitchen mixer that faces sideways?

alexi
Cultivating a Following

How should I plumb hot/cold on kitchen mixer that faces sideways?

TapOrientation.jpg

We recently bought this product from Bunnings and it's been installed and all is good.

However, when the family used it, there was some confusion as to which way the hot tap direction should go.

It's been connected as if it was straight on, with hot to the left, and cold to the right.

However when you rotate it 90deg anticlockwise, you get cold pushing away, and hot pull TOWARDS you as a kitchen sink user.

Any thoughts?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How should I plumb hot/cold on kitchen mixer that faces sideways?

Hello @alexi 

Thanks for sharing your question about your kitchen mixer. With the description you've given me, it sounds like the mixer has been plumbed in correctly. If you look closely at the handle, you'll see that the letter H indicating hot is on the left side of the circle and C which is in the right is for cold. Therefor pulling towards you will give you hot and pushing away will give you cold.

I've placed an image below to show you that it has been installed properly.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
alexi
Cultivating a Following

Hi there @EricL .. If you read over my post and what you described, you'll find we're both saying the same thing, so it has been plumbed correctly.

My question was merely an opinion thing. As in should it be plumbed differently when the mixer doesn't sit with the mixer at the front.

Anyway. We realised since most of us are right handers in the, it made sense to keep the mixer on the LEFT hand side, allowing us to use the mixer and hold a glass for filling. So it's been turned to have the knob on the LEFT side. now it's cold TOWARDS you and hot AWAY.

Thanks for piping in either way. (pardon the pun)

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @alexi 

My apologies for the mix up. I often see these taps installed exactly in the same manner at the store. Since the entire family is right-handed it would make sense to have the knob on the left. I have seen this tap installed with the knob in the center and thought that it would be ungainly. 

But if the spout is always pointed to the right-hand bowl, then your hand would not get wet when you turn on the mixer. Either way it's good that you got it installed to how you like it.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects