Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to adjust pull-out pantry door?

PDonald
Getting Established

How to adjust pull-out pantry door?

Just installing a new kitchen including a 450mm pull-out pantry and having a hard time getting it to close properly. The builder managed to get it fine, but once we start loading the shelves, it throws the alignment off and needs to be adjusted again. Is this an ongoing issue every time you change the weight distribution, or should it be a one and done?

I'd also like to know the weight capacity of the shelves, as the brochures show them loaded up with bottles and other heavy items, but this seems like it would cause alignment issues.

I've searched for videos on how to adjust the door, with no success, and the instructions that came with it are minimal.

1000005141.jpg

1000005139.jpg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to adjust pull-out pantry door?

Hello @PDonald,

Sorry to hear about your pantry door issues. I'm sure our resident D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be happy to assist once he's back online on the site later today. 

Let me tag our experienced members @DIYology@Renowayoflife@Noyade and @Dave-1 for their thoughts in the meantime. 

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Good Morning @PDonald 

Ahhhh that glossy kitchen cupboards :smile: That particular type was the first kitchen I put in :smile: I remember pulling my hair out trying to "adjust" the doors so they all match. It was hard until it wasnt is the best way to describe it.

I have not installed a pull out cupboard so I just watched the install video. :smile: How to Install a pantry pullout baskets Sadly it dosnt show any adjustment of the doors but I have included a link on the process to adjust the hinges on kaboodle doors. I would suggest to disconect the top and bottom pullout bars to the door before adjusting the actual door.

Here is a youbtube link to what the screws do :smile: Attaching Kaboodle doors and adjusting them 

Once I had a pair of doors figured out then the rest were easy tho I did breath a sigh of relief when I had them all done. The door should not need adjusting after its been set up.

I am unsure of the weight capacity of the shelves but figure they should be able to hold at least a shelfs worth of 2L drinks (Height and weight wise)

I didnt get to use my kaboodle kitchen for too long, but never heard of any issues later on. Have to say I loved those white clean doors!

Dave

Dave

PDonald
Getting Established

1000005145.jpg

1000005144.jpg

Yes I like the white too! Turns out it's significantly cheaper, so that was a happy accident. Unfortunately, my pull-out pantry is more like a drawer than a cupboard, so no hinges to adjust. There is a top runner and a bottom runner, and a few hex key adjustment options for the door that are very finicky. It's so frustrating that kaboodle has no videos for something that most stores seem to have at least one display of.

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @PDonald 

Thinking a little more about your issue I thought Id have another step into google :smile:

Elite Pull out pantry instructions pdf page 7 to be exact. Hope this is heading towards what you have or helps in seeing something on your setup.

It is frustrating :smile: but I generally tell myself "If everyone is installing it then there must be an obvious way" Otherwise you would see heaps of exactly the same questions. So many times I have either glossed over something tiny or just missed it entirly and yeah sometimes instructions just dont match up. They are the hardest.

Dave

PDonald
Getting Established

That is a way clearer set of instructions than those that came with the unit, but doesn't tell me anything I didn't already know, unfortunately! Knowing the name of the unit might help though (I tried finding it on the paperwork), so thank you.

Update: 5kg per shelf, max 35 kg for the unit. Which must mean the shelves themselves must weigh a total of 5kg.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @PDonald 

I'm sorry to hear your pullout basket mechanism is not lining up. Since it is a newly installed kitchen, I suggest calling the installer back again as it is clearly still under warranty, and it should perform correctly when loaded. I don't recommend making any major mechanical adjustments to the pullout set at this point in time. Your kitchen installer is supposed to turn over your brand-new kitchen with everything in working order. That includes the pullout pantry when loaded.

If a major adjustment has to be made, it will mean disassembling the entire pull out set and the frame base will need to be moved further back into your pantry. But it could also be as simple as realigning the pantry door as the mechanism behaves differently when loaded.

However, if after the adjustments are made and the mechanism still does not work properly, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects