Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect a kitchen faucet diverter?

dyurur
Finding My Feet

How to connect a kitchen faucet diverter?

Hey everyone, I am stuck with an idea and can't seem to find the solution for now so I need help!

I managed to find videos from YouTube and bought a faucet diverter and an attachment to hook my benchtops dishwasher to it. Happily has been using it UNTIL the benchtops water filter came into equation 😅

I understand that I couldn't find a dual tap adaptor connects directly to my faucet so maybe there are some attacments to dual one of the exits to hook up both. I need your opinion here are, the photo from Amazon with a diverter stop is what I use for my benchtops dishwasher. I looked for options but mostly there are for taps, wall, or garden, cannot be screwed in to my tap as it has shorter female and those I shared do not fit in.

Please help 😅

1000016202.png

1000016197.png

  

1000016230.png

the photos

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect a kitchen faucet diverter?

Hello @dyurur 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about connecting a kitchen faucet diverter.

Would it possible for you to post a photo of your kitchen tap? This will give our members a chance to assess your tap spout. We can then make recommendations on what you can use. Just to be clear, you are after a splitter for your kitchen tap. Can you also please post a photo of your water filter and its connections? We'll be able to find out what other fittings you might need.  

My other proposal would be to think about the possibility of relocating your dishwasher. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hey thanks for the interest. Here are some photos

Faucet is typical 15mm

As well as the gadget for water filter

And valve I used to screw in to faucet and used side part 20mm for dishwasher

I would like to use both now in a dual system and don't need the tap working normally in that situation as I will use filtered water for everything in the kitchen. Thanks heaps

1000016236.jpg

1000016239.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @dyurur 

Thanks for sharing those extra photos of your diverters. One way to join all of your appliances to the kitchen tap is to use a Pope 2 Way Brass Threaded Tap. A 20mm to 15mm brass reducer will need to be used for the top so that it screws into the kitchen adaptor that's already there.

The dishwasher hose will fit in with no problem as it is at the default size of 20mm for washing machine and laundry hoses. However, a 20mm to 15mm reducer will need to be used for the remaining side so that you can attach your water filter to it. You'll need to doble check for thread size otherwise another adaptor will need to be used.

One issue that this presents is that it might be too big and too low in the kitchen sink, making it big and cumbersome.  

My only other suggestion is to drill into the benchtop and ask a registered plumber to install a proper dishwashing tap on the wall for you. This would be a good opportunity to install a small diverter for your water filter as well. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

Hey Eric, thanks for the answer. The problem is with those dual brass is, the are not compatible for kitchen faucets and I couldn't find any aerotor adaptor for connecting faucet to those dual systems.

They are all seems to be eligible for garden taps or washing machine taps. Any suggestion?.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @dyurur 

I suggest having a look at the Kinetic Adaptor Aerator Kit it has a fine thread aerator adapter to a standard 15mm BSP adapter which should work with standard brass fittings.

Eric

Great! I will look at thanks

Unfortunately Melbourne -wide it's nowhere to be found. Any other suggestions? Are we sure it's a 100% fit?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @dyurur 

I would say a 90% chance of fitting as there are those unique taps out there that are non-standard. If' it's not available on the shelf, I suggest speaking to the special orders desk and inquiring about the possibility of ordering a set for you. 

Eric

I ended up buying a piece from AliExpress, we LL see if that fits

1000016329.png

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects