Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect benchtop dishwasher to kitchen tap?

tahlia1998
Just Starting Out

How to connect benchtop dishwasher to kitchen tap?

Hi, I’m looking at buying a devanti Benchtop dishwasher and need to know if there is an attachment that I can buy to connect the dishwasher to my tap? I have attached photos for reference

Thank you 

1CCDF1FF-C709-490E-907B-B8575BCC08CE.jpeg

FB11CC55-ED84-40BE-A211-82D25F4E4338.png

  

F42DB14C-906F-4B43-903D-BFE4CB1DDAB7.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect benchtop dishwasher to kitchen tap?

Hello @tahlia1998

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about how to connect your benchtop dishwasher to your tap.

I often recommend using the Kinetic Adaptor Aerator Kit when attaching the inlet hose of a benchtop dishwasher. However, the gooseneck-type sink mixers have a very peculiar outlet size and the thread type on their aerators is very fine. Thus making the Kinetic Adaptor possibly incompatible. I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - Benchtop dishwasher quick release connection by @jenenev

Your next option is to find the closest tap with a standard aerator and connect from there. The general process would be to attach the length of your garden hose to the inlet hose of the dishwasher. When you're done with the dishwasher the hose would be put away, understandably not the best solution. Another point you can connect to would be the washing machine hose. A splitter would need to be attached to the cold outlet of the tap and the garden hose would be attached to the secondary outlet.

My only other suggestion would be to engage the services of a plumber and get them to install a suitable tap under your sink for you to connect your dishwasher too. In the meantime, if you can tell me which is the closest tap you have near your kitchen, I can try and help you connect from that point.    

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Eric,

thank you for your response. The closest tap with an aerator isn’t suitable as there’s no space for the dishwasher there. 

is there a way I can connect the dishwasher to the pipes under my sink somehow? 

CF6BFB6D-5057-41ED-936C-B73A774ED5CE.jpeg

Hi @Tahlia,

Can we start by seeing the aerator threads on your tap? Unscrew the aerator off the end of the tap spout and take a picture for us. The Kinetic Adaptor Aerator Kit comes with a fine thread adaptor and suits most tap types. Perhaps @EricL is aware of an incompatibility I haven't heard of in this tap style. That's the first place to start, though. If the adaptor doesn't work, we can devise another option.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects