Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect countertop dishwasher to kitchen tap?

gowsiriguppa
Just Starting Out

How to connect countertop dishwasher to kitchen tap?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hello There,

I have a countertop dishwasher which I had connected using a switch faucet adapter as shown in picture but it broke within few days.

Do you have anything similar to connect to the kitchen tap so I can run the dishwasher and also use the kitchen tap.

This helps in not connecting and disconnecting the dishwasher everyday.

I used a 1/2 to 3/4 inch connector  to this faucet adapter so the dishwasher hose can fit.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: connecting countertop dishwasher to kitchen tap

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @gowsiriguppa. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting a dishwasher to a kitchen tap.

Unfortunately there are no compliant adaptors that I am aware of. This is due to dishwashers, including benchtop versions, requiring a hard connection to plumbing work. As odd as it seems, benchtop dishwashers are designed to have their hose run through the benchtop or cabinetry to a connection under the sink as per their installation instructions and not to a kitchen tap. 

Regulations on compliance with these types of adaptors have changed recently, but you might like to check out this discussion: Benchtop dishwasher tap connections. It's best to check with your local plumbing authority or professional and home insurance supplier before deciding on how to hook up your dishwasher.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects