Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect garden hose to kitchen sink tap?

KC2
Getting Established

How to connect garden hose to kitchen sink tap?

Hi, I live in an apartment and would like to connect the kitchen sink tap to a garden hose so I can use it at the balcony. Is it do~able? What connector do I need? 

20210920_234920.jpgCapture.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect kitchen sink tap to garden hose

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @KC2. It's fantastic that you've joined us, and many thanks for the question about connecting your garden hose to the sink tap.

There are a couple of options that should both work for you. There's the Holman 15mm Plain Tap Adaptor With Clamp or Pope Indoor Tap Adaptor. I'd recommend the Pope adaptor, as once it's installed, there is a quick-release mechanism that makes attaching and detaching the hose a simple process.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Does the Pope kitchen adapter fit the Pope Small Garden Hose Reel please? The adapter is 12mm and the reel hose is 8mm. If not, is there another connector or hose I can use for my balcony that attaches to my indoor tap? Many thanks.DF16E7D3-4EE6-4C2B-86B0-1CB4DF233BE2.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Seajade. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting a hose to a sink tap.

12mm adaptors are a standardised size for garden hoses. The Pope indoor tap adaptor has a 12mm fitting ready to accept your adaptor.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

Just to clarify. If I purchase the above mentioned pope hose reel and the 12mm kitchen tap adapter, that will be all I require to set it up? Thanks.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Seajade,

I haven't actually had my hands on one of those reels, but typically you'd need a tap-to-reel connector as well. It's a small linking section of hose that plugs the reel into the tap. The Pope hose reel, tap-to-reel connector and the 12mm kitchen tap adapter is all you'd need.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects