Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect water line of dishwasher to the under the sink tap

diy_ujjaval
Growing in Experience

How to connect water line of dishwasher to the under the sink tap

Faced with a small challenge - after creating space for dishwasher under the sink - connected dishwasher with supplied electric point, waste line (outgoing) and water line (incoming). 

However, with incoming water line - I have following type of connection (as shown in pic) - not sure how to turn it on - do I need some key ? Pls check the pic - and see if you could advice how can I get my new dishwasher started? - pls share your knowledge. Thanks in advance - 

By the way - loving this forum - help me learn few things from pro-DIYers.

IMG_4136.jpg

Ujjaval

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to connect water line of dishwasher to the under the sink tap

You just need a tap to go on top of the spindle @diy_ujjaval .

Take this photo into your local Bunnings and they'll tell you which one will fit (which should be most).

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Thank you so much @ProjectPete

Hi @diy_ujjaval,

It's great to see you've already received a helpful reply from @ProjectPete.

If the team members have any difficulty finding a standard tap handle that they believe will fit, perhaps purchase a Kinetic 15mm Chrome Mini Cistern Stop and remove the handle to use on yours. This might also be a cheaper option than a standard replacement tap handle. You can remove the handle from the cistern stop via a screw that will be located under a cap on the top.

Please let us know if you have any difficulties.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you @MitchellMc  & @ProjectPete - just bought the tap handle https://www.bunnings.com.au/shaw-mason-chrome-pvc-6-point-tap-handles_p5003054  - however spindle is too strong to move / and the plastic thing is not strong enough to go along with the spindle - and seems the thread might vanish if I try harder. - any suggestion here ? 

other option left is insert a new 150 mm kinetic shut off valve (by removing the spindle and closing the existing point (where white pipe is connected _see pic).

thanks in advance :smile:

Hi @diy_ujjaval,

You can try turning the spindle with a pair of Irwin 250mm Vise Grip Straight Jaw Locking Pliers which might allow you turn the water on. If it is so stuck that the plastic spindle attachment is going to shear then the valve might need replacing. It can be unscrewed off the wall and replaced with a Kinetic 15 x 20mm Chrome Plated Double Mini Cistern Stop Tap. You would need to ensure your mains water is turned off and as always seek the assistance of a plumber if in doubt.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Wow - how important the right tools are for completing the job safely. Thank you @MitchellMc   :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects