Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to convert corner cupboards to drawers?

ChristineWebb
Just Starting Out

How to convert corner cupboards to drawers?

Has anyone successfully converted a kitchen corner cupboard to drawers? I realise there will be a loss of space however I find it difficult to use the space effectively anyway. I know you can install lazy susan type shelves but I would rather use a drawer system. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Converting corner cupboards to drawers

Hello @ChristineWebb 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about converting your corner cupboard to drawers.

The good news is that it is possible to add drawers to your corner cabinet. But it will require you to custom build it from scratch. Unfortunately, corner drawer systems are not something you can retrofit into an existing cabinet. It would have to be built to the opening that is available to your corner cabinet. Not only that but the drawer fronts would also need to be custom built.

I've placed a sample image below to give you an idea of what it might look like once you have it assembled.

Let me call on our experienced members @redbournreno @lifestyelbymari and @Peggers for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects