Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to find this old tap spindle?

jigme
Just Starting Out

How to find this old tap spindle?

 Hi

I am looking for a tap spindle. Due to its unique seat depth, the readily available tap spindles doesn’t work.  Would be of great help if I can some help in find the tap spindle in the market.  

IMG_0036.jpeg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to find this old tap spindle?

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @jigme. it's a pleasure having you join us and trust you'll find our site a handy resource containing useful advice and inspiring ideas for all your home improvement and garden projects. 

Apologies for the delay in responding to your question about your tap spindle. Many of our experts and members are currently away for the year-end holidays. Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc has been helping members on the site during this busy period and I'm sure will be happy to provide some advice when he can. 

Let me also tag @Noyade@Jewelleryrescue and @JDE in case they have any thoughts.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @jigme 

Sad to  say taps and  tap manufactures have moved  away from that type of tap and  they no longer really try to support replacement parts Not even Fix a tap  components  supply these as far as i  can tell.

So the best option is to probable buy a  shiny new tap complete? 

But lets not give up so easy. whats  wrong  with that spindle? as The o'ring can be replaced the spindle its self can be  wire  brushed  and cleaned up. If the tap spindle a little loose a qucik wrap  with plumber s tape  on the threaded  part will have it close to new. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @jigme,

As @Jewelleryrescue has mentioned, replacement spindle shanks are not readily available. I'm also keen to hear about the issue you are trying to solve, as typically, you wouldn't need to replace a spindle.

Depending on the problem with seat depth, a range of extenders are available if it is a deep seat.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects