Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix Mondella tap that continues to flow after turning off?

tsacklin
Just Starting Out

How to fix Mondella tap that continues to flow after turning off?

Hi,

I have recently installed a new Mondella Resonance Chrome Pin Side Lever Sink Mixer.  I am confident that my installation was correct, however, the tap continues to flow for one or two seconds after turning off tap.

I don't have the receipt and have no intention of re-installing a new tap.  Can you please assist in resolving the tap - do I need a new aerator or is there something I further I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance,

TS

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix Mondella tap that continues to flow after turning off?

Hello @tsacklin 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your sink mixer. 

The Mondella Resonance 35mm Chrome Side Pin Lever Sink Mixer - WELS 5 Star 6L/min is uniquely configured as it has a goose neck feature. When the water is shut off it's possible that the water inside at the very top of the goose neck continues to flow despite the tap being shut off. You can confirm this by doing a few on and off experiments.

When you turn the mixer off you get that extra one or two seconds of water flow. Which is technically the water inside the spout. However, this phenomenon does not happen on a standard mixer tap. This is because the spout leans backwards and keeps the water inside the spout. If it was a continuous leak I would be concerned about the mixer. In the meantime, I suggest observing the mixer and if it displays any other strange behaviour, I suggest grabbing your warranty card and calling 1800 797 586.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
tsacklin
Just Starting Out

Thanks Eric. 

appreciate your speedy response. Just to confirm, there is nothing to be done further to correct this issue? It appears to be a design aspect?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @tsacklin 

I'm afraid that is the natural function of the gooseneck kitchen mixer. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can adjust on the mixer that will allow you to stop the flow of water in the spout. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects