Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a sliding out drawer?

SarahK1996
Building a Reputation

How to fix a sliding out drawer?

  

image.jpg

image.jpg

My parents just did a renovation inside our holiday caravan using a Kaboodle kitchen and there is one drawer that keeps sliding out because our caravan needs to be levelled (another job in itself!). Just wondering if you have any recommendations on how to fix this or a better gadget that we could use instead of stuffing paper in between it just as it doesn’t looks great aesthetically! Thanks legends! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix a sliding out drawer

Hi @SarahK1996,

I'm thinking a magnetic door catch might be the simple solution you're looking for. They can be installed inside the drawer and should be enough to hold it closed.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

You’re a legend Mitchell! I’ll go grab one and let you know how it goes!

Hey Mitch!

I grabbed one of these but because of the way the inside of the drawer is, it can’t catch. Do you think it would be as easy as just changing the size?

Is the reason it's not catching because the top edge of the draw is not close enough to the bottom of the benchtop @SarahK1996?

If this is only a temporary solution until the caravan is levelled, perhaps you could use a Perma Child Safety Corner Drawer Lock or Perma Child Safety 12cm Adhesive Universal Flexi Lock. They're not something you'd want to live with long-term but should solve your issue in the interim.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects