Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix an oven not heating?

quynhpham55
Growing in Experience

How to fix an oven not heating?

We have a Simpson ESPRIT Fan Forced Oven, the GRILL function is working OK. When we change to OVEN function, the light and fan are both working but no heat after a long time. And someone say I need to replace the fan element but don't know how.

20220831_113030.jpg20220831_112957.jpg20220831_100839.jpg 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to fix an oven not heating?

Sorry @quynhpham55, I don't think this would be a D.I.Y. job. I would recommend you contact the manufacturer of your oven and they could recommend a licensed tradesperson to repair your oven for you.

Stay safe,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

I would also recommend contacting a tradesperson @quynhpham55, we attempted to do a D.I.Y. fix on our old oven and ended up doing more damage to it, which we ended up replacing entirely.

Regards,

Remarka6le
CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Hey @quynhpham55,

Unfortunately I have to agree with @Jason and @Remarka6le on this one, the following article I wrote last month covers what you can and cannot do DIY with electrical within Australian regulations. Apologies if in NZ the laws are slightly different there.

https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Whole-of-House/DIY-electrical-and-why-you-should-never-attem...

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @quynhpham55

It's great that you've received excellent advice from my colleagues. I'm afraid I'll have to agree with them, in the interest of safety, I don't recommend doing this as a D.I.Y. job. I suggest engaging the services of a registered electrician to repair your oven. However, you now have the opportunity to consider purchasing a new in-built oven. It now becomes a matter of weighing the balance between a new oven or the cost of the repair.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects