Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix chip on kitchen benchtop?

thornsanti
Finding My Feet

How to fix chip on kitchen benchtop?

Hi, can anyone provide me some advice on how and what products are needed in order to fix a 1cm chip on my kitchen benchtop please?

I was told the stone is Quantum Quartz / reconstituted stone, color: alpine white / snow. 

I got a few quotes for 250-300 so I'm wondering if it might be possible to try and DIY this fix. 

PXL_20220809_015148614.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to fix chip on kitchen benchtop?

Hi @thornsanti,

Can you please let us know what material your benchtop is?

I'm sure our members would be happy to assist. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Um.. ok I will try to find out what material it is, but am not sure how..

ok, so I was told the stone is Quantum Quartz / reconstituted stone, color: alpine white / snow. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @thornsanti

One way to identify your benchtop is by looking beneath it. I suggest getting a torch and looking underneath your benchtop for a tag or printed name. Ceasar stone often has a large digital printout tagged onto the back of the stone top itself. This is to allow them to identify the stone top you have and how old it is. Other tops will have more or less the same style but sometimes much smaller, so keep an eye out for the printout.

If you still have the chipped piece of the benchtop you could attempt to glue it back on. You could use an epoxy paste as a filler, however, if mixed too dark it will make the damage even more noticeable. If you can identify your benchtop, I suggest calling the benchtop manufacturer just in case their repair quote is more affordable.  

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects