Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix leaking mixer tap under the sink?

Nursejodes
Just Starting Out

How to fix leaking mixer tap under the sink?

The leak is coming from the connection under the sink when the tap is turned on only.

It's been tightened.  Only had for 6months.  

VideoCapture_20211031-190152.jpg

Jobey
Building a Reputation

Re: Leaking Mixer tap under the sink

Hi @Nursejodes. I had that exact same problem a little while ago. I would tighten it. It would last for a while and 3 times I got flooded under the sink. I hope you get more professional advice than what I'm about to give you. Fed up,  I uninstalled it. In the bin it went and I installed in a new tap. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Leaking Mixer tap under the sink

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Nursejodes. It's wonderful that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question on leaking taps.

If the leak is coming from the crimped black pipe section, then you likely need to return the tap, as you can't easily fix that. If the leak is coming from the copper fittings where they screw together, that leak could potentially be stopped with the addition of extra thread tape.

If you can determine precisely where the leak is coming from, then our helpful members might have some other suggestions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects