Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix scratched hardwood laminated floor?

Robin2
Finding My Feet

How to fix scratched hardwood laminated floor?

04A5FB53-FD74-4F29-B6A6-F449E95E4783.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how can i fix bad scratches on my polished hardwood laminated floor

Hello @Robin2

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about fixing scratches on your hardwood laminated floor.

I suggest trying one of the common methods of repairing this kind of damage using a damp towel and a steam iron. Place the damp towel over the damaged area and place the iron on top and blow some steam into the damaged spot only. It might take several applications so please be patient.    

However, if the damage does not rise up you could try filling the dent with wax stixs. You'll have to find a shade that is very close to the finish of your floor. It will hide the smaller dents, but the bigger ones will be difficult to fill. Aside from that, the only other option I can think of is re-surfacing the floor. This means that you'll need to sand the floor and re-coat that spot. It depends on how deep the dents are. I propose sanding down the shallow ones flat and filling the deeper ones with timber filler.  

Let me call on our experienced members @TedBear and @JoeAzza for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Eric , the steam iron and cloth worked pretty good , just have to try some filler for the damaged areas where the surface has lost its sheen 👍😁

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Robin2,

It's fantastic to hear that @EricL's advice has assisted in minimising the appearance of the damage.

Please keep us updated and reach out again if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

@Robin2 I agree with @EricL solution also, however, this flooring looks like timber flooring (tongue and groove), I can see nails in the timber. Another suggestion is to re sand the floor and recoat it, or a cheaper way is the place a rug over it. If this was a laminated floor, the damaged section can be replaced, the only problem is matching the existing floor.

JoeAzza_0-1669519567378.png

Thanks Eric, unfortunately those are spots where the timber was pulled out.

The floor is laminated latex on concrete, I still have a couple of panels left but I’d like that to be my last option 😕😕

thanks again 👍

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects