Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix warped aluminium kickboard?

jr_phqc
Getting Established

How to fix warped aluminium kickboard?

Hello! One of the kickboards in the kitchen seems to have warped and is now out-of-place.

Is this still fixable? Or do I need to replace the kickboard?

Thanks!

PXL_20230503_121050719.jpg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to fix warped aluminium kickboard?

HI @jr_phqc,

Thank you for your question about repairing your aluminium kickboard.  Our resident DIY expert @EricL will be online this afternoon to assist but in the meantime let me tag our amazing Workshop members @Brad@Jewelleryrescue, and @r23on to check if they have any advice. 

We would love to see how your repair goes, feel free to ask any more questions you may have. We are always here to help. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix warped aluminium kickboard?

Hi @jr_phqc

Aluminium kickboards are very dependent on their timber base. Once the timber is damaged, it will be necessary to replace them. Unfortunately, there is no effective way to strip the aluminium off without damaging it.

However, the good news is that they are easy to replace. I suggest having a look at the Kaboodle 2400mm Aluminium Kickboard along with the Flatpax Utility Kickboard Clip - 2 Pack. They can be cut down to size and are easy to install.

Before purchasing the kickboard, I suggest taking measurements of the area that you'll need to replace. I also recommend measuring the height of the kickboard just to make sure they are the same size.

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles and a dust mask when working on your kickboard.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects