Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to improve appearance of cracked kitchen tiles?

NataliaM
Getting Established

How to improve appearance of cracked kitchen tiles?

9BCA137A-05EE-4D35-823B-B41A36CBB764.jpeg

Hi, can anyone provide some advice on how to improve the cosmetic look of a couple cracked kitchen tiles?

DA146218-3916-47A6-BB71-854636171B06.jpeg

I haven’t been able to locate any replacements and I don’t want to go down the path of retiling the entire ground floor. Is there anything that I can do to improve the appearance? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to improve appearance of cracked kitchen tiles?

Hi @NataliaM,

There are methods with wider cracks where you can clean the dirt out and then fill with clear epoxy glue. You would then colour match the tile and paint the crack. Since your cracks are only hairlines I'd struggle to think how you could even disguise them.

Had you considered painting all the tiles as that might be an option? I think you will find that in most cases the tiles will need to be replaced but I understand that is difficult if you can't find the correct tile. Perhaps a tiler might have more contacts that could track down something the same.

Let me mention some helpful members @prettyliving, @Kermit, @redracer01, @Brad and @JDE that might like to join the conversation.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Re: How to improve appearance of cracked kitchen tiles?

Hi @NataliaM 

I had a hairline crack like this in some tiles at my old house and I rubbed some paint that was the same colour as the tile into the crack and wiped off the excess before it dried and it worked really work at disguising it. Overtime (about 6 months or so) is turned dark again but then I just repeated the process - only takes a couple minutes. There’s probably a more permanent method but this worked really well for me. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects