Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install Kaboodle drawer units in cabinet?

leamary
Growing in Experience

How to install Kaboodle drawer units in cabinet?

I'm just starting out on putting together my Kaboodle kitchen. It has a lot of drawer units and have already run into a couple of problems. I'm going for the metal sided drawers. Firstly the paper template for marking out the holes for the drawer runners is not accurate. Normally when a hole is required, the measurement is to the middle of the hole. On two templates the 37mm in from front actually measures to the rear of the hole. So if I drill directly to the centre of the hole indicated, my drawer fronts don't actually meet up with the front of the cabinet. They sit proud by 1-1.5mm.

Another problem is a weird little tab on each side at the rear of the sides for the drawer. If I don't hammer it in to the side of the base of the drawer then the drawer sides will sit out by about 1.5-2mm at the back on both sides. Does anyone know if I can just nip the tabs off? Tech guy at kaboodle said just to hammer them into the drawer but I'm worried about splitting the chipboard. Thanks everyone. Hope to get this problem sorted.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install Kaboodle drawer units in cabinet?

Hi @leamary,

I note in the assembly instructions for the drawer: "A metal tab will push into the base panel, helping to hold it in place.". So, it looks like it's designed to be there.

Even before reading that, I was not overly concerned that the tab would split the timber. I'd recommend you go ahead and push the base panel in so the tab inserts into the chipboard. If you have any issues afterwards with splitting, I'll follow that up with Kaboodle and have the pieces replaced under warranty.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
leamary
Growing in Experience

Thank you Mitchell. I did note that, however I thought it might have been referring to the other ones on the underneath. You've put my mind at rest. I'll just have to do up a clamp tighter as they don't just easily push into the chipboard. Cheers and thanks again. I've also made up my own solid template as the paper one wasn't so good. I compared a few and they aren't exact. Maybe kaboodle could look at making a plastic one like the handle template - just a thought. Have a great weekend 😊

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Yes, I'll provide feedback on the template to Kaboodle after the weekend @leamary. I trust they'll be keen to adjust the template to suit the installation.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects