Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a drawer below an underbench oven?

Jxc045
Getting Established

How to install a drawer below an underbench oven?

Hi, I am starting a new kitchen, and have a ridiculously small kitchen space (2,280 x 1,910), so storage and drawers where possible are needed. Is it possible to do the drawer under a single oven (looking at purchasing Westinghouse wve6314wd oven as can only use 10am plug. 

Thanks for assistance 

IMG_2762.png

IMG_2763.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install a drawer below an underbench oven?

Hi @Jxc045,

Just following up on @EricL's behalf. I've taken a stab at that design for you, and it does appear there was a bit of extra cabinetry in the previous design. I certainly couldn't fit in that amount. In fact, to get you a drawer set in there, I've needed to remove the dishwasher. It was either that or make your oven very off-centre and lose lower cabinetry space in the corners.

Let me know what you think.

Mitchell

Kitch1.pngKitch2.pngKitch3.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jxc045
Getting Established

Thanks Mitchell for following up with this.  I appreciate you doing this.

Unfortunately a dishwasher is a priority for me (over centering the oven).   I think the upper cabinets plus the blind options will provide enough storage. 

I think the drawers will have to go next to the fridge. 

I can’t quite work out what is next to the fridge?  

thank you though.  I know it is a tricky space. 

justine. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

As far as I can tell, there is not enough room to fit your blind corner cupboard door, drawers and fridge along that wall @Jxc045. It is much the same as the other side, where there's not enough room to fit a dishwasher, sink and the blind corner cabinets door. We could not do the blind corner cabinet, but you'll lose the entire corner's worth of storage space in the back corners; there will just be a large inaccessible voids under the bench. You can see in the image below I've added your dishwasher and drawers. No matter where I move the oven, I cannot give you a corner cabinet with access to those areas left open in the corners. You could have the bench extend over there and slip in a couple of thin cabinets to fill up some space, but I can't give you access to those areas.

Since it's such a tight space, it might actually be beneficial to head into your local store and sit down with a kitchen design expert for a consultation. You'll be able to work with them to lay out your kitchen exactly how you'd like it.

Mitchell

Jxc045
Getting Established

Thanks Mitchell for giving it a go. 

I think that may be the best option too.  

thank you 

Justine 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Jxc045 

My apologies for the late reply. I've redrawn your kitchen with your requests placed in. 

Due to the limited space I'm afraid there is very little space to move. I've placed two blind corner cabinets in your cabinet run and there is just enough space for your sink cabinet and your dishwasher. I've placed your drawer on the left-hand side of the oven so that it will not interfere with the dishwasher while its open. It is possible to put in a 300mm pantry, but it will add a bit of an expense to your budget.

Please have a good look at the layout and if you have any questions about, please let me know.

Eric

Jxc405 kitchen1.jpgJxc405 kitchen2.jpgJxc405 kitchen3.jpgJxc405 kitchen4.jpgJxc405 kitchen5.jpgJxc405 kitchen6.jpgJxc405 kitchen7.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects