Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install an Air Fryer oven in a cupboard?

Donna-tas
Finding My Feet

How to install an Air Fryer oven in a cupboard?

I have just purchased an airfryer oven and thought I'd be able to put it into the space where my standard oven has been. Just checked the manual and it says the airfryer needs 20 cm all round. Fryer is 40 cm wide and cupboard is 64. Does anyone have any wisdom for me? Heat proof materials? Will 12cm be ok? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install an Air Fryer oven in a cupboard?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Donna-tas. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing an air fryer in cabinetry.

This sounds like a question best posed to the air fryer manufacturer. They'll be familiar with the tolerances for their machine and if any exceptions can be made to the installation specifications.

The air gap around the fryer could be for ventilation for the machine itself and not solely to protect cabinetry from high levels of heat. Without adequate ventilation around the machine, it could potentially overheat and fail.

Due to the safety concerns surrounding suggesting heatproof materials, I'd strongly suggest you speak with the manufacturer before investigating possible solutions to the undersized cabinetry.

If this were an air fryer you've purchased through us, I'd be happy to put you in contact with the manufacturer, who'll be able to assist you with your questions.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell. I would like to be put in touch with the manufacturer please. 

Hi @Donna-tas,

Could you please identify the air fryer you've purchased through us? That way, I'll be able to track down the details of the manufacturer.

Mitchell

It's a healthy choice 25L double door 

Thanks for confirming the product @Donna-tas.

When you placed your order for the Healthy Choice product you should have received a confirmation email with contact details for the supplier, there will be a link in that email for direct communication with them.

Please let me know if you are unable to locate that email and I can get you the contact details after the weekend.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects