Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to lay kitchen tiles?

Deano1
Cultivating a Following

How to lay kitchen tiles?

Hi, I have some marble effect tiles that I'm wanting to lay in the kitchen. The only problem is that I have no idea how to lay tiles 🤔.

I have grout but I was just wondering what to use around the outer edges ( Against the wall etc ) and also is it simply glue underneath, as in glue straight to concrete? Any advice or hints & tips would be greatly appreciated. Dean.

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to lay kitchen tiles?

Hello @Deano1,

Thanks for your question. Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be online later today and can assist you with your questions on laying tiles. Also tagging our helpful community members @diy_hausdesigns, @Ari@tamaraharringd and @KashiaCherry for their thoughts. 

While waiting, I'd recommend checking out this popular step-by-step guide on How to tile a splashback by experienced Workshop member @ProjectPete as well as our Best Advice article How do you tile a wall? These include useful tips that can help you get started.

The Bunnings team has also produced many guides on tiling that you may find helpful, which cover topics like How to prepare for tiling and How to grout wall tiles.

Good luck with your tiling project. We'd love to see photos and updates as your project progresses.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Deano1
Cultivating a Following

Thank you, really appreciate it & will def do some photos when done, thanks again.

Dean.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Deano1 

Just to add to the suggestions made, I recommend laying the tiles out on the floor so that you'll have a very good idea of how far it will spread out and how much of it you'll need to cut.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects