Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to level wall on kitchen splashback?

Izzy78
Getting Established

How to level wall on kitchen splashback?

20221129_115104.jpg

Hi there. Wanting to know how do I level the wall on my kitchen splash back. The old tiles used to be higher as seen in the attached picture. The tiler told me to get a patch cement but what is it actually called? I am pretty confident of doing it myself once I get the right product for it.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to level wall on kitchen splashback

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Izzy78. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about levelling a wall.

This Gyprock CSR 2kg Rapid Patch would be a patching cement used to level and fill areas.

If you could provide a few more details on what you need to achieve, our members would be better informed, allowing them to make helpful suggestions. From your image, it appears that you had a differently shaped rangehood removed, and there is damage to the wall. Could you please take another image indicating the height difference you need to address? 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Izzy78
Getting Established

Thanks for your reply. Here are a couple more close up pics. The height difference is 90mm.

20221204_095416.jpg

20221204_095405.jpg

  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Thanks for those pictures, @Izzy78; I've now got a better idea of your challenge. 

If you want to repair that section so it's not rough, the patching plaster I recommended above will work for you. Apply it, then sand it back to transition evenly into the wall above.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

Izzy78
Getting Established

Thanks for your prompt reply Mitch. Is there a specific type of sandpaper that I should get for this?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Most sandpapers will work on plaster filler @Izzy78. I'd recommend grabbing some 120 and 240 grit. 120 for knocking all the rough filler off and then 240 for finishing. There is specific plaster sandpaper designed not to get clogged so quickly, but I use ordinary timber sandpaper.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects