Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to patch a gap on rendered interior wall?

Pedro1
Finding My Feet

How to patch a gap on rendered interior wall?

Hi guys,

Can you please advise how and what products I need to patch this gap and prepare for painting? It is what remains after our kitchen renovation and a 1m high brick wall was removed that supported the old kitchen bench. 

Thanks IMG_8061.jpeg
IMG_7957.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to patch a gap on rendered interior wall?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Pedro1. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing a wall.

It appears that your brick wall is rendered, so I suggest looking at this helpful step-by-step guide: How to hard plaster a brick wall. I'd recommend using Dunlop 20kg Multipurpose Acrylic Render to fill most of the thickness and then switch to Dunlop 20kg Fine Coat Render for the last 2-10mm for a smooth, paintable finish. If the total depth of the render is less than 10mm, then you can just use the fine-coat product.

Once you've patched the area and it's dried, you can prime the surface with an undercoat before painting. Here's another great guide on How to paint a room.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to patch a gap on rendered interior wall?

Thanks @MitchellMcThat’s exactly the helpful info I needed. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects