Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to raise my oven height?

Kevin06
Just Starting Out

How to raise my oven height?

My oven is currently one that I have to bend down to put things in to cook. Then get them out to test if cooked. 

I want to upgrade so I can 1 get things in and out without having to bend down.

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: how to change my oven from low down to higher up

Good morning @Kevin06 

I feel your pain, tho I am still undecided if I want a built in oven or a freestanding one.

Do you have a picture of the area you want the oven in? 

A bench top oven would be ideal (when my back has gone out I always wish one) but you will need to have it within a cabinet. I do have a small stand alone benchtop oven that works well tho not sure if it would work for a family amount.

Bunnings sells Built in ovens and also kitchen cabinetry to suit. If your kitchen is a newish one you may find similar styles still available. Or once removed you could have the space to put a set of cupboards in plus the oven.

One thing to remember when choosing an oven is what you want to use it for. So many times all I want is a grill and all the existing oven I have had the grill has been busted lol I think of family roast dinners, that can be quiet high or mabe you need lots of trays. 

Hope these ideas help

Dave

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to raise my oven height?

Hello @Kevin06, 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about changing your oven height.

In order to give our members a better idea of your current kitchen setup, would it be possible for you to post a few photos of your kitchen and oven location. This will give our members a chance to assess its location. We can then make recommendations on how you can relocate your oven.

Changing your oven location will definitely have an impact on the rest of your kitchen. It's important to take into consideration what cabinets will need to be changed and rearranged.

If you need a hand posting the photos, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects