Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair a Caesarstone chip on a benchtop?

imcodebased
Cultivating a Following

How to repair a Caesarstone chip on a benchtop?

Hello,

I have a small corner edge chip recently on a newly added benchtop.

I search over the internet and they are suggesting to go for clear epoxy glue. Please can you suggest or confirm the direction.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/gorilla-25ml-clear-epoxy-glue_p1230178

Picture attached to the chip.

issue-benchtop.png

regards,

Amit

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: caesarstone chip

Hello @imcodebased

It would be a shame to waste all that glue for such a small area. I suggest using Gorilla Glue 51ml Clear Bottle instead. It has a resealable bottle which means that you can put it away for future use. The best part of this glue is that you can trim it. Once you have glued the broken piece back on you can use a sharp blade to trim off any excess glue on the table.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your benchtop repaired.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
imcodebased
Cultivating a Following

Sorry I don't have a broken piece with me. I just wanted to fill it with something.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @imcodebased

If you don't have the broken piece, I suggest engaging the services of a stone benchtop repair person. Using epoxy or glue will make it very noticeable and will make the chip stand out even more. Unfortunately, the store does not have the coloured resin necessary to repair your stone benchtop. Professional repair people have different coloured resins in their repair kit and will allow them to colour match your benchtop.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

I found the following product very hepful in fillig in missing stone chips. I tried this one and it gave some good results for small areas.

https://amzn.to/41UGBn2

If you can get a small sample block from a stone mason, then you can try to grind that and mix it into the formulas above (if it's not white).

The other one recommended to me but I haven't tried it was: https://amzn.to/3MJPNGr

Good luck with it all.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @hishfernando. It's great to have you join us, and see you jump into the discussion.

I trust @imcodebased appreciates your suggestion.

We look forward to hearing all about your project and plans around the house and garden. Please reach out any time you need assistance or have something to share.

Mitchell

Thanks @MitchellMc - I've been a Bunnings customer for ages and its great to see that the community can solve problems together!

And I've got another chip so I'll let you know how I go!

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-21 at 12.27.26.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects