Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair a dented ceramic tile?

RihamMohamed
Just Starting Out

How to repair a dented ceramic tile?

Hi 

My daughter dropped a heavy thing on the kitchen ceramic which resulted in a dent.

Just wondering how can I fix this one.

Please check the attached photo

20231209_212418.jpg

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Ceramic tile in the kitchen

Hi @RihamMohamed , re tile chip repair, Bunnings sell a tile and bath repair kit, not sure how good it is.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/rust-oleum-tub-and-tile-touch-up-kit_p0396412

Thanks for your reply, I checked the product that you have sent, does it come in only one colour (white)?

My kitchen ceramic is grey, is there anyway I can find same/ similar product in grey colour.

Hi @RihamMohamed , maybe @Ericl or @MitchellMc 

from Bunnings would be able to answer your question. 
there maybe other products on the internet that might be similar, just look up chipped ceramic tile repairs.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @RihamMohamed. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing a tile chip.

If there is no chip that can be glued back into place, it would be difficult to repair this damage. I'd encourage you to get a few professional quotes to see if they could repair the damage. I feel this would be the only way to achieve an unnoticeable repair, as the only other option I can think of would be to paint the white areas of the chip with grey to disguise them. You might like to look towards stone benchtop repair professionals as this might be a job they'd take on.

In answer to your question, there is no similar product to the touch-up kit in grey. We'd need to use a grey spray paint applied with a brush.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to repair a dented ceramic tile?

Hi @RihamMohamed,

Is there any chance of swapping the tile for one that is in an unobtrusive place, such as under the refrigerator? Although of course it might not be easy to lift out the tile without causing further damage...

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects