Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace cartridge on Mondella sink mixer tap?

Kwongk
Finding My Feet

How to replace cartridge on Mondella sink mixer tap?

We bought a Mondella Resonance curved sink mixer from the local Bunning store recently and have it successfully installed.  It is working ok.  The information on the box suggests that it uses a 35 mm Cartridge.

Yet we have not been able to find information on whether the cartridge could be replaced, or how that can be done.  That model differs from older models in that access to the allen key screw is not obvious, although an allen key has been included in the package.

Also the type of replacement cartridge is not specified.

We would like to have this information as our experiences indicate that all taps leak after about 5 years of working. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Mondella sink mixer tap

Hello @Kwongk

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's magnificent to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your Mondella sink mixer.

There are two types of 35mm ceramic cartridges, one is the Kinetic 35mm Mixer Tap Raised Cartridge and the other is the Kinetic 35mm Mixer Tap Flat Cartridge. The only difference between the two is that the raised tap cartridge is taller. These cartridges are the generic repair cartridges the store carries, however, if you want a genuine Mondella ceramic cartridge it will need to be ordered at the special orders desk.

Simply bring the box or booklet of the Mondella tapware you purchased and ask the special orders team to get a quote for you. Once they forward the quote to you, you can then decide if you wish to proceed with the order.

Let me investigate further about the cartridge and get back to you.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Mondella sink mixer tap

Eric,

Thanks for the help.
I still have one question. How do I get the mixer tap handle off, as there is no visible sign of the grub screw or a cover plate for that screw on the tap handle.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace cartridge on Mondella sink mixer tap?

Hi @Kwongk,

There is a little grommet/cap in the tap handle. This cap is located on the opposite side of the handle to the pin lever. You might need to rotate the handle to see the cap on the bottom. Remove the cap with your fingernail or a thin-bladed flathead screwdriver. Once the cap is removed, it will give you access to a 2mm grub screw on the underside of the tap body. You won't be able to see the grub screw as it is inside the hole.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Mitchell

ren.png

Sorry Mitch.

I felt everywhere on the tap handle, it is all smooth.

I cannot see or feel any grommet/cap in the tap handle.

The model we bought is Mondella Resonance1660144747451.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Kwongk 

The Mondella Resonance sink mixer has the grub screw hidden behind the handle itself. I've placed a few images below to give you an idea of how to access the grub screw. The handle could possibly be tight so make sure to grab it tightly before twisting it anti-clockwise. Once it starts to turn you should be able to unscrew the handle. If you look into where the handle was screwed into you should be able to see the grub screw. When you've removed the grub screw you should be able to pull the handle off.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know. 

Eric

monres 1.jpgmonres 2.jpgmonres 3.jpgmonres 4.jpgmonres 5.jpg

Thanks Eric.

Works like a treat

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Kwongk

I'm glad you got the kitchen tap sorted out. Just make sure to keep the grub screw safe for re-assembly as they are so easy to lose.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects