Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace kitchen taps?

Bel789
Finding My Feet

How to replace kitchen taps?

It is way past time for new taps. I already bought a Shaw & Mason spout at Bunnings.

Can you please tell me are these flat sided spindles and will the following taps fit please? Thanks!

Shaw & Mason Chrome Plated Tap Handle I/N: 5001648

Plumbing spindles.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Time for new taps!!

Hello @Bel789 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your basin taps.

The Shaw & Mason Chrome Plated Tap Handle set are compatible with your spindles. I also suggest using the Shaw & Mason Chrome Plastic Basin Flange to match the new handles you'll be getting. 

Will you be using the same spout over the basin? If you are upgrading the spout as well, I suggest having a look at the Shaw & Mason WELS 3 Star 9L/min Chrome Plated Swivel Basin Spout to complete basin set transformation.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Eric.

I have already purchased the exact Spout you suggested!

Thanks for the heads up about needing new Flanges - I would have forgotten. 

Off to my local store tomorrow to buy the flanges and new taps. Thanks for your help! :smile:

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Bel789 

Please make sure to post a photo of the new basin setup once everything is in place. I'm sure our members will be keen to see what it looks like.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects