Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to secure a Kaboodle kitchen island to the floor?

Lawrie86
Finding My Feet

How to secure a Kaboodle kitchen island to the floor?

Morning,

Going to be starting a kitchen Reno in the next few weeks. What is the best way to secure your kaboodle kitchen island to the floor?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to secure a Kaboodle kitchen island to the floor?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Lawrie. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a Kaboodle island.

If your island is created from more than one cabinet, you'll be screwing them together in all four corners of the side panels with 28mm screws. To secure the island to the floor, you can install timber runners onto the floor. Depending on the floor type, the fixing method will differ. For a concrete slab, countersunk Dynabolts would be used. You can then screw through the bottom of the cabinets directly into the timber. I've created a rendering below that hopefully should help illustrate.

Alternatively, you could screw the feet down to the ground, but the timber runners would be more secure.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Yea brilliant mate I was thinking of something along those lines. Appreciate the feedback. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Please keep us updated on your kitchen project, @Lawrie86 and reach out if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects