Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to secure aluminium edging for laminate flooring?

Cwdl
Finding My Feet

How to secure aluminium edging for laminate flooring?

Hi I am just finishing a laminate floor and want to know how I secure some alliminum edging around door frames

Do I just use silicone or is there a special adesive for them

Also around the door frames there is a small gap can this be filled with something

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: laminate flooring

Was there a particular aluminium edging you had in mind @Cwdl?

If this is the threshold between rooms on the floor, you'd typically use something like this Roberts 3.3m Silver Floating Floor Junior Trim and Roberts Ramp And Cover Trim Plugs to fix it in place. However, I note you mention this is for around the door frame. Were you thinking of adhering an aluminium angle around them? If so, you could use Selleys 325g Liquid Nails Rapid Cure Strong Waterproof Adhesive. You might want to rough up the backside of the aluminium angle with some 120grit sandpaper to provide a keyed surface for the glue.

You might like to provide some images of the gaps you are trying to cover. I'm sure once our knowledgeable members have a better idea of the issue, they'll be able to provide some great solutions.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects