Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop the banging noise of my cabinet doors?

HASHEM
Just Starting Out

How to stop the banging noise of my cabinet doors?

Hi, I am looking for something cheap to stop the bang noise of my cabinet doors

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to stop the banging noise of my cabinet doors?

Hi @HASHEM,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us.

Could you please share some photos of the cabinet doors? Please try to include shots that show the hinges and the opening/closing mechanisms and members would be in a much better position to be able to suggest remedial work. 

Many thanks, please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand with a project around the house and garden. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @HASHEM 

A quick and cheap way would be to add rubber bumpers - they are these little dots that you stick to the inside of the cupboard where it meets the inside frame

Madico 11mm Vinyl Round Floor Protection - Bunnings Australia

Hi @HASHEM,

I'd agree with @craftyhopper that this sounds like a situation where stick-on vinyl buffers could be used effectively. There is also a range of felt buffers that could work as well. These would be placed on the inside frame so as when the door makes contact, it prevents the harsh impact. 

You might also like to look at upgrading to soft close hinges as they will prevent this issue. You should find this step-by-step guide useful: How to install cabinet hinges.

I look forward to hearing more details about the issue and providing further assistance if needed. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects