Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is there a male to male adapter aerator kit?

Coolaholigah
Cultivating a Following

Is there a male to male adapter aerator kit?

Is there a male to male equivalent of this product?

https://www.bunnings.com.au/kinetic-adaptor-aerator-kit_p4920386

I have looked at all the benchtop dishwasher discussions. I have the right connectors. Just cannot stop the leaking! I'm wondering if replacing the existing plastic male to male adaptor with metal might help.

I've tried plumbers tape, tried various washers. Very frustrated!

Could do the @jenenev method if I can get a male to male adapter

any suggestions appreciated thx

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: male to male adapter aerator kit?

Hi @Coolaholigah 

I've noticed in some tapware settings it's sometimes necessary to put in two washers on both ends of the male fitting to get a secure fit. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of your assembly? This will give our members a chance to assess how you've connected it. We can then make recommendations on how to proceed. 

If you need a hand posting the photos, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Coolaholigah
Cultivating a Following

thank you. See photos attached. The leaking seems to come from both above and below the white plastic part.

unfortunately I think have overtightened trying to stop the leaking and the black plastic male to male adaptor at the top is now stuck. I can’t remember whether it undoes clockwise or anti clockwise and I think it will break or be damaged beyond usefulness when removed as I’ll need to use pliers I suspect. I thought I could try the Kinetic adapter if I can get a male to male version.

what is thread size of the ‘click on’ part of the kinetic adaptor? I may be able to get male to male adapter online but no use unless the kinetic click on fits it.

if I can get the kinetic kit to work I can try the @Jeneve method. Next problem getting a small piece of hose as I am in unit block and don’t feel like I can just go cut a piece off the common property hose.

so frustrating to be buying all these various bits and pieces with no guarantee they will work.

IMG_1417.jpeg

I have managed to get it working with a metal male to male from an online water filter company and a washer in side the white plastic part. 

I would still like to know the thread size of the kinetic adaptor for future reference though as I am not confident in the longevity of the white plastic clip in part so I may need to do @Jeneve solution in the future

So I would still like to know the thread size if possible thx

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Coolaholigah 

It's good to hear that you've managed to make it work. The closest measurements I could take of the threads was around 22mm which is about the size of a typical aerator. The male-to-male adapter of the Kinetic Adaptor Aerator Kit might possibly fit your plastic adapter. 

However, please be very careful when attaching the metal adapter to the plastic receiver, it can easily strip the plastic and permanently damage it.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects