Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kaboodle kitchen makeover

sallie24
Having an Impact

Kaboodle kitchen makeover

8331C128-2FAA-44A6-92D5-AB3505ABE9BA.jpeg

B036C23D-5C59-46AC-9FC1-0F59C0258999.jpeg

1405B216-E624-4D0E-A6E4-A4D258B82A5B.jpeg

9D9DC16D-2723-4549-83D9-9018F3AFD935.jpeg

  

Hi guys, my husband and I have recently finished our first kitchen renovation with kaboodle! This was our first time using kaboodle and have to say it was awesome start to finish. The price and option to do it ourselves bit by bit in our own time rather then having to remove all the old kitchen at once and wait for trades were the big selling points for us. 
cabinets: alpine macaroon 

benchtop: coconutty laminate 

the rangehood cabinet was custom made by us. 

Here is a few before and afters ☺️

RenoRach1
Making a Splash

Re: Kaboodle kitchen makeover

Looks stunning! Congratulations on an amazing kitchen - I’ll wager you can hardly believe the way it used to be, right? I completely agree with your comments on Kaboodle - I’m nearing the end of my own Kaboodle laundry journey and I’m very happy with the brand as well. I also like the way I can customise and tweak different things to make my laundry bespoke but at a ‘flat pack’ price point.  Your functional and beautiful kitchen will make Christmas entertaining a breeze. Enjoy a job well done!

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Your kitchen looks absolutely stunning @sallie24! We would absolutely love to know how you created your rangehood cover. Was it hard to make?

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Looks great @sallie24 , you've opened the space up so much! 100% doing it yourselves as much as you can saves a ton of money, I'm sure many community members would love a step by step on the project and where you saved money where you could. Love the freestanding cook top, where did you end up placing your microwave?

I also love what I think is an air fryer in the corner 😍, any chances I can get a make & model? It would fit my own kitchen well 😀.

Remarka6le

Thankyou! It will definitely get a good work out this Christmas 🤶 

Thankyou! It was simple to make, basically a ply cabinet and then we followed the under mount rangehood instructions to install. We used 

12mm ply, sanded back then skim coated with plaster and sanded back again prime and painted then added the trim top and bottom. Then installed with 125mm ducting,  and vent ☺️

83DE1B78-932E-4442-BB6D-5B4475ABB2C7.jpeg

Thankyou! The microwave is in the kaboodle microwave box between the fridge and dishwasher. The air fryer is a phillips xl ☺️ 

projectmumdanni
Making a Splash

What a great job @sallie24!! Macaroon is such a lovely white and really suits your kitchen area compared to cabinets before. Did you lose any cupboard space with the island or add cupboard space with the larger corner cabinet? Which handles and knobs did you use? I can not wait til we can do our kitchen reno.

WayneM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Lovely work @sallie24.

Many thanks for sharing, and well done.

You've provided such detailed information that will be a great help to our community members.

We are interested in turning your project into a Featured Project article. Do you have any more pictures you could share?

It would also be great if you could share how you tackled your project and any other tips or lessons learned that would assist others attempting a kitchen makeover.

Many thanks,

Wayne

WayneM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Lovely work @sallie24.

Many thanks for sharing, and well done.

Your kitchen renovation looks wonderful. You must be so pleased.

We are interested in turning your project into a Featured Project article. Do you have any more pictures you could share?

It would also be great if you could share the steps you took and/or any tips or lessons learned during your project that would assist other kitchen renovators.

Many thanks,

Wayne

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects