Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen benchtop makeover

harpreet
Finding My Feet

Kitchen benchtop makeover

Hello

I am newbie to this forum

we recently bought house, where I don’t like the color of kitchen top. It is also discoloured due to putting hot pans on top. 
is it good idea to paint it OR should I change the whole bench top? Any ideas? 
thank you in advance 

41FF413F-6F7F-4E03-8A86-330A6133F447.jpeg

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: kitchen benchtop makerover

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @harpreet and congrats on the new house. 

Let me tag @redracer01 and @MitchellMc who may have some helpful suggestions to get you started on this project.

You may also find this helpful as you decide:

Look forward to seeing all your projects around the house and garden. We're here to help at any time.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @StevieB 

the link you shared was great 

I will follow and upload pics once done 👍🏻

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @harpreet,

It sounds like you have decided to go with the painting option, which is a great way to rejuvenate your benchtop. If you can feel their rough texture when running your fingers over the burn marks, then this is a good indication that you'll still see the areas after painting. I'd encourage you to take some 240 grit sandpaper and sand them smooth before applying paint. If the damage is too deep to sand out, then you could fill the voids with Builder's Bog and then sand that flush with your surface. You'll then be able to apply your primer and topcoat.

I look forward to seeing your results, and please let us know if you need help along the way.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects