Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen cabinets painted with paint sprayer

nicoleherrick
Having an Impact

Kitchen cabinets painted with paint sprayer

Kitchen finished final.jpg001 Nicole Herrick Kitchen BEFORE.jpg

I live in a rental property and always hated the dated timber cabinets. I'd been here for a few years so i decided to ask my landlord if i could paint the cabinets and he was onboard. I used Dulux Renovations Cabinet paint from bunnings and it turned out so well! It's held up so well over the last 3 years. The Ozito corded paint sprayer gave me a professional finish and was so cheap!

I also made a video of my cabinet painting experience that includes all the mistakes NOT to make, which primer to use and how to apply for a professional looking finish. Feel free to check it out if you need some tips!

Nicole Herrick DIY
www.youtube.com/nicoleherrickdiy
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to paint kitchen cabinets

What an amazing transformation, @nicoleherrick! You definitely put in the effort, and your results really show it. The new tiled splashback and benchtop really are the icing on the cake.

Many thanks for sharing, and I look forward to seeing what project you tackle next.

Well done!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
SamG78
Just Starting Out

Re: Kitchen cabinets painted with paint sprayer

Very impressive work, single handed well done 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @SamG78. It's sensational to have you join us, and great to see you have been impressed by this project.

Let me mention @nicoleherrick, so they are alerted to your kind comments.

Do you have your own kitchen rejuvenation project in the works? If so, we'd love to hear all about it. Feel free to start a discussion to document your progress or ask any questions you might have.

You might like to check out our Top 10 most popular painting projects, as there are quite a few amazing painted kitchen refreshes in there.

Please reach out anytime you need assistance with a project around the house or garden; we're here to help.

Mitchell

Re: How to paint kitchen cabinets

Thanks so much Mitchell, yes i love how it turned out. Definitely a much nicer kitchen to cook in now. 

Nicole Herrick DIY

Thanks so much Sam. I used both hands :wink: Hah just kidding. 

Nicole Herrick DIY
Caron
Making a Splash

Looks fantastic, thanks for the video.

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

@nicoleherrick 

Wow! So many things in that video! I need to watch it a few times. I have run out of time at work :surprised: but will watch it again later. The part where you explain which screw to adjust for what part of the door! :laugh: I have installed a kitchen and I still get it wrong! Brilliant!

Looking forward to watching the rest of it!

Dave

samkeo
Getting Established

@nicoleherrick 

What an awesome makeover! Super impressive 👏 

You mentioned in your video about a different primer for laminate cupboards. Do you recommend any in particular that you've had experience with?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @samkeo,

Many thanks for joining in the discussion. Great to see you have been inspired by Nicole's project. I'm sure she will get back to you as soon as possible. Let me also tag our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL for his recommendation on what primer to use. It might help him to know what topcoat you are planning to ensure product compatibility - please let us know.

Welcome to the community. It's great to have you join us and we look forward to reading more about your projects and plans for around the house and garden.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects