Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen cabinets painted with paint sprayer

nicoleherrick
Having an Impact

Kitchen cabinets painted with paint sprayer

Kitchen finished final.jpg001 Nicole Herrick Kitchen BEFORE.jpg

I live in a rental property and always hated the dated timber cabinets. I'd been here for a few years so i decided to ask my landlord if i could paint the cabinets and he was onboard. I used Dulux Renovations Cabinet paint from bunnings and it turned out so well! It's held up so well over the last 3 years. The Ozito corded paint sprayer gave me a professional finish and was so cheap!

I also made a video of my cabinet painting experience that includes all the mistakes NOT to make, which primer to use and how to apply for a professional looking finish. Feel free to check it out if you need some tips!

Nicole Herrick DIY
www.youtube.com/nicoleherrickdiy
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Kitchen cabinets painted with paint sprayer

Hello @samkeo, 

Thanks for sharing your question about what primer to use on laminated doors. When painting laminated kitchen doors, I suggest using the Dulux Renovation set. The primer used is called the Dulux 1L Renovation Range Primer. This Dulux Renovation Range is a comprehensive system that allows you to paint laminated kitchen doors, tiled walls, tiled floors, and laminated benchtops. The best part is that it saves you from a lot of guesswork and you know that the primer and paint you use will work on your kitchen cabinets.  

Here are some amazing painted kitchen projects our Workshop members have shared:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
samkeo
Getting Established

Re: Kitchen cabinets painted with paint sprayer

Thank you @EricL I will check out those posts. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects