Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen coffee station tiling

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Kitchen coffee station tiling

20230708_152636.jpg

20230708_151422.jpg

20230708_151208.jpg

As part of our kitchen renovation, I designed a coffee station where the old pantry was located. The project included cabinetry work which we outsourced but chose to tile it myself.

Materials

Subway tiles

Tile adhesive

Grout 

Tools

Tile cutter 

Trowel

Angle grinder 

Spacers 

Float 

Steps

Step 1

20230707_122655.jpg

Demo and install

This included removing the old tiles and cabinetry. We had the cabinets and benchtop professionally installed.

Step 2

20230707_145837.jpg

Laying tiles

I prepared the surface with tape, and ensures the benchtop was level. I used spaces to keep the tiles from sitting on the benchtop

I layed the tiles using tile adhesive and a trowel. I used an angle grinder with a tile cutting disk to cut around the PowerPoint 

Step 3

20230708_101823.jpg

Grouting

I then applied the grout on the tiles using the float ensuring all the gaps where filled and not over applying it.

Step 4

20230708_135324.jpg

Silicone

I then applied silicone to all the edges ensuring a nice neat finish.

After this I cleaned up the tiles and the job was done.

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Re: Kitchen coffee station tiling

@diy_hausdesigns That looks great! Well done 👏🏻

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

I love a coffee station! Well done, @diy_hausdesigns your project is sleek, clean, and charming. 

For members who find inspiration in your coffee station, they may also be interested in complementing it with a coffee table. Check out our guide on 8 ways to make a coffee table for some fantastic ideas.

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

I agree with the rest, this is a terrific project @diy_hausdesigns. Great tiling work. What would you say is the one thing to keep in mind before embarking on a tiling project like this?

This would make a great entry in our ongoing search for Australia's best D.I.Y. project, so I've submitted this project for you.

Congratulations once again and many thanks for sharing.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Good Afternoon @diy_hausdesigns 

Love the idea of the coffee station but love even more the idea to have set stations for our seperate machines. When i sit there and daydream about my next kitchen I ask myself, What do I use all the time, then next and next. I am lazy and hate the idea of having to pull out something just for a single job lol So I really try and not just think storage but how I use the kitchen to end up with something for everyday use. That nook, is perfect.

Dave

Hi @KatieC thank you for your kind comments. It's made winter mornings that much easier :smile:

----

Hi @Akanksha 

Thank you too. Two things.

Ensure the surface you work off is level, or else you get wonky tiles and think tiling the upper section can be tricky, but nothing a little trial and error can't fix !  

----

Hi @Dave-1 that's very kind of you to say and I went through the same process when designing the whole kitchen. 

I'm not a fan of pulling out things or having everything out on display all day, So I really tried to neatly and purposely tuck out of main view but make it part of a very functional kitchen ... And it was a win!

I can't wait to see your multiple coffee station come to life one day !

----

Thank you @prettyliving ! Loving the morning coffees more than ever now 😁

----

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects