Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen kickboard corners, how to protect from damage?

billjess
Just Starting Out

Kitchen kickboard corners, how to protect from damage?

image.jpg

Hi everyone 

The corners of the kick board at the base of my kitchen cabinets are suffering from some wear and tear. Is there a product I can use to cover and protect the corners? 
I saw this, but not sure if the adhesive side is for a opposite sort of corner. https://www.google.com.au/shopping/product/1288953355947435967?lsf=seller:100794174,store:7740950327...

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Kitchen kickboard corners, how to protect from damage?

Welcome to the Workshop community @billjess. It's great to have you join us. 

Let me tag the ever-helpful @MitchellMc who should be able to recommend some options for you. Other community members might also like to share their advice - we have loads of wonderful members sharing useful information, advice and project inspiration on the site every day. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Kitchen kickboard corners, how to protect from damage?

Welcome to the Workshop community @billjess. Many thanks for your question, I'd be pleased to assist with it.

Brutus Building Moulding is 19mm x 19mm x 2.4m and can be cut up into pieces to cover those exposed corners. It would be an easy job to stick it in place with some Scotch Double Sided Mounting Tape.

The product you have mentioned does not specify an adhesive side, but with the addition of the mounting tape, it would also be suitable for your project.

I would advise colour matching the existing skirting board and then painting the corner protectors. They come in white but will be less eye-catching if paint matched to your skirting boards.

We look forward to you completing your repair and sharing the results. If you would like any further information or assistance, please feel free to let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects