Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen renovation ideas or advice appreciated

kp
Finding My Feet

Kitchen renovation ideas or advice appreciated

Hi everyone! 

Would love some assistance on how I can renovate my kitchen. Not even sure where to start or how to plan. Would love to keep costs down and looking to spend between $5-6k. Looking to open up the space in the kitchen and also use the remaining area for TV/entertainment. 

Ideally I'd like to knock down that small wall along the kitchen/hallway to open up the kitchen. I am unsure about where to fit the fridge and pantry. Was thinking overhead cupboards along the walls and removing that bench and installing an island bench if possible. Dependant on the condition of the cupboards in place, I may look to re-spray and change fittings to a more modern look. Was looking at replacing the bench top also and adding LED strip under cabinetry to give extra lighting. Interested in a new splash back (glass or tiled?). Unsure what colour scheme to go for given the colour of the floors. I am also planning on replacing the solid door in place to a glass panel door for increased lighting - any idea how much this would cost? I will also install new sink and appliances (ie. dishwasher, oven, rangehood, stove top etc.) Outside of the 5k budget.

Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.floorplan2.jpgimage5.jpgimage6.jpgimage9.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Kitchen Renovation

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @kp . It's great to have you join us and many thanks for sharing your project.

I've put together an option for some inspiration. It comes in at just over $5k and encompasses much of what you have mentioned. If you wanted a full-height pantry cupboard, it could be added to the base cabinets run at the end. Let me mention @redracer01 to see if he would like to provide some ideas as it's a great open space you have to work with there.

Please let me know what you think.

Mitchell

Kit1.pngKit2.png

Cost.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Kitchen renovation ideas or advice appreciated

Hello @kp 

Here is another possible configuration. I hope the drawings help.

Red

kp1.jpgkp2.jpgkp3.jpgkp4.jpgkp5.jpgkp6.jpgkp7.jpgkp8.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @kp 

I had some extra time to draw your living room. Here are a few ideas.

Red

kpa.jpgkpa1.jpgkpa2.jpgkpa3.jpgkpa4.jpgkpa5.jpgkpa6.jpgkpa7.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

kp
Finding My Feet

@2Belindas ... Any assistance is appreciated.

Mathy
Becoming a Leader

Hey @kp - some ideas above, probably too many 😂 

In terms of colours given the flooring, I’d probably stick with white (not with a yellow hue/tint) - maybe Lexicon (dash of black) but something simple. You can always add colour with furnishing etc..

Pay attention to your existing power points, gas connection and plumbing when considering how to remodel - expensive to move.

Did you want to recycle as much of the kitchen cabinetry as you can? It looks modern so should be doable. It’s hard to tell from the images what sort of finish the doors and drawers have - gloss white or satin?

Re: splashback. What were your thoughts there? Looks like it’s white, you want a different colour? Ripping tiles out is a) expensive and b) very messy. If you’re not doing a full gut and replace, then painting the tiles would be good. Glass would need the tiles to be removed. 

That’s probably enough for now, do get back and let us know your thoughts, cheers Deb :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects