Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen renovation using MDF and Melamine

probus69
Growing in Experience

Kitchen renovation using MDF and Melamine

IMG20200706182044.jpg

IMG20200708170342.jpg

IMG20200708165902.jpg

IMG20200710175526.jpg

IMG20200503152348.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: kitchen renovation using mdf and melamine

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @probus69. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for sharing your project.

I trust our members will be eagerly awaiting additional details on this kitchen as it looks fantastic. Could you take us through what parts were constructed with MDF and Melamine? Some of those additional mouldings are really impressive, did you add them with MDF?

We look forward to hearing more about your project and we'd encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance or have something to share. I trust you'll find plenty of inspiration within the community as our creative members are posting their own projects here all the time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
probus69
Growing in Experience

Hi Mitchell . The kitchen doors are raised panels ,I cut the doors in five peaces using a frame method and using sash clamps to glue together. the routed peace ( Raised panel) was used on a router table with feather board, you can also use a hand held router. The doors MDF are painted in auto Acrylic  First with etch primer and then in gloss white followed by clear coat .All the materials I used are from Bunnings 

probus69
Growing in Experience

The kitchen carcass was constructed with melamine using a Erwin 80 touth blade to cut clean edge's. As a normal conventional blade will leave chips. The secret with melamine is to score cut your lines and then final cut .They where all screwed together with melamine stickers to cover screws .All materials including hinges and draw slides available at Bunnings

IMG20200319210029.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects